Students entering the Ohio State University with transfer credit from other institutions will encounter one of two scenarios. Students can review their transfer credit on their Transfer Credit Report.
- Direct Equivalents – These are recognized courses by the university and are direct matches to OSU courses, so they will automatically transfer upon receiving a final transcript. These courses are listed on your Transfer Credit Report with a course number, such as HISTART 2001, and do not need to be evaluated.
- Unevaluated Credit – These courses will temporarily be approved as “General” (G000.xx) or “Deferred” (D000.xx) credit until the corresponding department can evaluate the course content and syllabus further to determine the OSU equivalent.
- If you are interested in receiving course credit within the History of Art Department, please email your transcript and a syllabus to email@example.com.
- All syllabi must be translated and verifiable from the institution in question, and must include a course breakdown and timeline. Submitting fraudulent materials is considered academic misconduct.
Regarding Credit from Chinese Institutions
Beginning Summer 2018, the Department of History of Art will no longer be accepting transfer credits from Summer Programs hosted by Chinese Universities. The Chinese Ministry of Education has notified Ohio State that they will no longer be certifying the transcripts from these programs. While accredited Chinese universities offering courses during the regular academic year will certainly still be considered by the department for transfer credit, numerous concerns have emerged in the past few years about the academic integrity of the summer programs, which led to the recent decision by the Education Ministry. Our department will consider transfer credit requests for courses taken in Summer 2017 and before. However, moving forward, beginning with courses in Summer 2018, the department will not be accepting these transfer credits. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
Sending Transcripts to Ohio State
Did you attend a state (public) university in Ohio or a community college? When ordering a transcript from your prior school, request that your transcript(s) be sent electronically. Sending paper transcripts by mail or overnight delivery will delay processing time.
For all other institutions, if your school offers electronic delivery, choose that option to avoid processing delays. If ordering a transcript online, select The Ohio State University as a recipient. In the absence of a list of universities to select, have your school send your transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (for undergraduate students).
If your school does not offer electronic delivery, please have your transcript(s) mailed to the respective address below:
The Ohio State University
PO Box 182646
Columbus, OH 43218-2646
***Transcripts should not be delivered by the student or sent to other addresses on campus. Doing so will prevent acceptance of the transcript as official, and a transfer credit evaluation will not be completed.
For students interested in transferring to Ohio State, visit the Transfer Students page.
Please direct all questions regarding the application process to email@example.com.
* Feel free to contact the History of Art Main Office with any questions at 614-292-7481